top of page

Shipping Information

Shipping firearms to Best of the West Arizona is an easy and painless process however there are a few things you should know:



Best of the West Arizona, LLC 

1661 N. 94th St. 

Mesa, Arizona


Be sure to ask about our concierge shipping service to help make things quick and easy for you. We simply ship you a new Boyt hard case along with a pre-paid return shipping label.  Once it arrives, just pack your rifle in the new hard case, place it back in the cardboard box provided and affix the pre-paid return shipping label. EASY!!

It is always recommended that you pack your rifle in a hard case as well as in a like-sized cardboard box securely taped on each end. Be sure to pack any voids with appropriate packing materials. Also, be sure nothing is loose inside your rifle case that could move around and potentially scratch or otherwise damage your firearm. Be sure your rifle is unloaded (bolt removed and packed in bubble wrap).

If you are sending ammunition it needs to be shipped separate as federal law does not allow ammunition and firearms to be shipped together.  

Your Federal Firearms License (FFL) dealer may request a copy of our firearm dealer license in which case they can request a copy via emailing us at:  **Assure your FFL includes customer information (name, address, phone number) and a copy of their FFL inside the rifle case.

**BOTWAZ can send a rifle back to the original owner without having to go through an FFL dealer.  It will be sent UPS with Adult Signature REQUIRED (no exceptions).  For example when a customer sends us their existing rifle as part of an "Accurizer" service.

**An FFL DEALER IS REQUIRED to ship any NEW firearm.  For example when a customer purchases a new custom or ready to ship rifle.

Specific shippers, such as US Mail, FedEx, and UPS, have different rules related to firearms and ammunition. Please review their websites for guidelines about shipping firearms and ammunition.


US Mail - Unlicensed persons:

  • Unlicensed persons can ship a rifle or shotgun by US Mail.

  • Postal regulations allow the Post Office to open your package for inspection.

  • Ammunition cannot be shipped by US Mail.

US Mail - Licensed persons:


FedEx - FFL Holders:



Ammunition must be shipped separately from packages which contain firearms (including handguns). Special labeling is required. Some shippers treat ammunition as dangerous or hazardous materials. Guidelines vary by carrier, so please check directly with the carrier for specific details.

Other rules:

  • You must inform the carrier the package contains a firearm. 

  • The firearm cannot be shipped loaded.

  • Ammunition may not be shipped in the same box as the firearm.​

*****Best of the West Arizona is NOT liable for any loss or damage during shipment.  BOTWAZ takes great care in packing your rifle for shipment, however we have no control over what happens once it leaves our shop.  The customer is responsible for notifying BOTWAZ if they want their return shipment insured for the full replacement value of contents.  Shipping price will increase based on value.

Still have questions about shipping a firearm to us? Email us--

bottom of page